Whitehaven Coal is the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help power developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product, particularly for use in high-efficiency, low-emissions coal-fired power stations. With 20 years of industry experience we have developed a growing reputation for excellence in project delivery and safe, efficient and environmentally responsible operations.The Role: Administration Assistant, Maintenance (Tarrawonga, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an Administration Assistant. The Administration Assistant is accountable for providing high level administrative and clerical support to enable the smooth operation of the maintenance & production department across all open cut sites.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to management and staff members of the Maintenance & Production departments.
- Process weekly payroll data including the collation, verification and entering of timesheets into the Pulse Payroll System. Transmitting timesheets and leave forms to the payroll department.
- Ensure raising of requisitions for goods and services satisfy business requirements. Upon arrival, ensure supplies are distributed to the correct area, and deliveries entered into the Pulse system to allow processing by the Accounts Payable department.
- Ensure monthly subcontractor hours are entered into the Pulse system, carry out reconciliation with invoices and raise requisitions. Manage Pulse Contract Maintenance Labour module across GOC sites.
- Maintain databases and reports relevant to the maintenance department including data entry, in the following areas: downtime reporting, site contract labour monthly reports.
- Ensure end of month reconciliations are completed, commitment journals/accruals and payroll information is checked for accuracy and distributed to the relevant departments in a timely manner.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Certificate III or IV in Office Administration
- MS Office training course (e.g. TAFE based)
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles (e.g. payroll, accounts payable and receivable)
- Experienced in the use of Pulse Software
- High attention to detail
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Full time, permanent position.
- Excellent opportunity for career development.
- Attractive Salary .
- Opportunity to work for an Industry leader.
If you are interested in this position:
- Attach your Resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process
Whitehaven Coal is committed to increasing the representation of women and Aboriginal people in the workplace. Whitehaven aims for an inclusive workplace that brings both men and women from diverse backgrounds and welcomes applicants who reflect diversity of gender, culture, experience and skills.
In order to be considered for this position you must currently have the right to work in Australia.
Please be advised that in the interest of the health of our employees and visitors, all Whitehaven Coal sites are smoke free.
AccessAbility AdviserSwinburne University of TechnologyAs an AccessAbility Adviser, you will be responsible for the assessment, delivery, coordination and administration of services to students with whom the University is1 week agoShareMelbourne VIC
Lecturer, DieteticsSwinburne University of TechnologyAs a Lecturer, Dietetics you will contribute to the development and delivery of the Masters of Dietetics course and participate in the administration and ongoing1 week agoShareMelbourne VIC
Personal Administration AssistantSwinburne University of TechnologyWe currently have two exciting new opportunities for a Personal Administration Assistant to join our Operations department. You will provide personalised, reliable and1 week agoShareMelbourne VIC
Library & studentHQ AdministratorSwinburne University of TechnologyAn opportunity has arisen for a Library and studentHQ Administrator to join the Student Administration & Library Services team. This position is responsible for1 week agoShareMelbourne VIC
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander TraineeEdith Cowan UniversityECU has exciting opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to join ECU for a period of 12 months as a Trainee, whilst also gaining a Cert III or1 week agoShareWestern Australia