Assistant Company Secretary
Integrity ∙ Innovation ∙ Diversity ∙ Employee Wellbeing ∙ Teamwork
Agency Jacana Energy Work Unit Legal and Governance
Job title Assistant Company Secretary Designation Jacana Energy Level 3
Job type Full time Duration Ongoing
Salary $103,129 - $125,376 Location Darwin
Position number 42220026 RTF 251374 Closing 17/10/2022
Contact Officer Tom Korecki on 08 8985 7228 or [email protected]
Agency information http://www.jacanaenergy.com.au/
Information for Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and an attached resume/cv For further
applicants information for applicants and example applications see the OCPE website.
Jacana Energy values diversity in the workplace that represents the community. Therefore, under an
Special Measures approved Special Measures Plan, eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for selection. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE
Information about If you accept this position, a summary of your merit (including work history, qualifications, experience,
selected applicant’s skills, etc.) will be provided to other applicants to enable transparency and understanding of the decision.
merit For further information see the OCPE website.
Apply online link https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=251374
Jacana Energy is on an exciting journey to provide renewable energy solutions in the Territory, and we have a significant role to play
in reaching the Government’s target of 50% renewable energy electricity consumption by 2030. We’re a young business with a strong
pedigree, committed to delivering outstanding service to more than 85,000 residential and commercial customers across the Top End.
As a Government-owned corporation we have a solid foundation on which to build, and a compelling future to provide products and
services that Territorians want and value. We are the largest energy retailer in the NT, 100% Northern Territory owned and operated,
with more than 70 employees
To provide high level secretariat and administrative support to the General Counsel and Company Secretary including the Board and
Audit and Risk Committee managing the business’s Government liaison functions, policy documents library and providing advice on
all Secretariat and Board related matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain effective governance and reporting systems in all areas of responsibility.
2. Assist with the efficient day to day administrative operation by developing and maintaining appropriate policies, procedures,
processes and systems to support continuous improvement throughout the business.
3. Anticipate needs, coordinate and provide assistance with relevant papers / briefings prior to meetings.
4. Manage correspondence to the Board and Audit and Risk Committee and initiate and monitor progress on responses, projects
and tasks allocated to other staff to ensure deadlines are met.
5. Prepare, coordinate and review all Ministerial and other government/regulatory submissions, briefings and correspondence,
including managing preparations for the annual Estimates Committee.
6. Manage the suite of frameworks, policies and procedures to ensure they meet periodic review cycles for the Board.
7. Working with the Executive Leadership team, Manage and prepare Legislative Assembly briefs for the Minister’s Office, and
coordinate the Energy and Government Owned Corporation Coordination Committee briefs.
8. Develop and maintain effective working relationships and alliances with internal and external stakeholders, including the
Minister’s Office, Government Owned Corporations and other Government agencies and representatives.
9. Support the General Counsel and Company Secretary with legal and governance projects as required and deputise on Board
related matters in their absence.
10. Comply with the Northern Territory Public Sector and Jacana Energy Code of Conduct, policies and procedures as well as other
relevant regulatory guidelines.
Selection Criteria - Essential
1. Demonstrated experience working in a Secretariat role at an executive level in a regulatory environment, with an emphasis on
Policy development and management.
2. Demonstrated sound oral communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, negotiation and conflict resolution skills,
and the ability to interact effectively across a multi-disciplined organisation.
3. High level written communication skills, facilitating concise and thorough reports, briefs and correspondence with high attention
4. Ability to interpret and apply legislative and regulatory frameworks, policies and procedures.
5. Proven ability to apply a commercial focus, multitask competing priorities and develop innovative ideas.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a busy environment with competing priorities and deadlines, using initiative, discretion, analytical
and research skills, to make sound judgements.
7. Commitment to providing a high standard of customer service and operating within the Jacana Energy values of Honesty,
Innovation, Teamwork, Diversity and Employee Wellbeing.
Selection Criteria - Desirable
1. Relevant tertiary or post graduate qualifications in business, governance, law or other relevant discipline.
2. Experience with BoardEffect software or similar electronic software.
CashierBernardi Group$55,000 - $65,000 a yearFull-timeShift workCashier Bernardi Group Location: West Wyalong, NSW Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 Full time Main duties and responsibilities Operating and balancing the cash21 minute agoShareWyalong NSW 2671
Airport Administration AssistantCity of Kalgoorlie-Boulder$61,723 - $65,274 a yearPermanent +1Job Number: AIR-9 Business Unit: Airport Employment Status: Permanent Full Time Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2022 KALGOORLIE-BOULDER1 hour agoShareKalgoorlie WA
Customer Support OfficerJumbo InteractivePart-timeShift workASX-300 Company Immediate Start Available Monthly Wellness Reimbursement About Us We’re a technology company that’s grown over the last 25-years1 hour agoShareBrisbane QLD
Human Centred DesignerQBEPermanent +1Primary Details Time Type: Full time Worker Type: Employee Human Centred Designer Location: Sydney, NSW Type: Permanent, full time position2 hour agoShareRemote in Sydney NSW
Vintage Assistant WinemakerAccolade WinesCasualDate: 08-Dec-2022 Location: McLaren Vale, SA, Australia Company: Accolade Wines Enrich Your Everyday At Accolade Wines, our3 hour agoShareMcLaren Vale SA+1 location