Bush Crew Member
Bush Crew Member
Indigenous Design Environmental Management
Research, North Eastern Melbourne, Victoria
We are a company based in the north eastern suburbs (Research, Victoria) with clients and sites based all around Melbourne. We have a talented and passionate team of environmental staff dedicated to enhancing and protecting biodiversity. We are committed to our work and our clients and we pride ourselves on delivering high quality outcomes. We conduct truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages all staff to learn and perform to your fullest potential.
Indigenous Design Environmental Management is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to undertake bushland regeneration/environmental works. This is a casual position seeking preferably full-time hours with an immediate start if possible, up to – June 2020 with potential for extension.
Your Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in Conservation/Land Management, or similar field.
- Ability to undertake environmental tasks ranging from herbicide application using knapsacks, quik spray units and other equipment, hand weeding, woody weed removal, revegetation works and brushcutting.
- Ability to identify indigenous and exotic flora species
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a team environment by working effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to communicate with internal stakeholders (i.e. management and employees) and external stakeholders (i.e. clients, general public)
- Understanding of Occupational Health and Safety responsibilities
The following certificates/licenses are preferred
- Tertiary study in Conservation, Environmental Science or similar
- Chemcert or ACUP
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence (Manual)
- First Aid Level 2
- OHS Construction Induction Card (Red Card, White Card)
- Chainsaw Trim & Crosscut minimum felling preferred
- Truck Licence (Medium Rigid)
We seek applications from candidates who meet the above criteria.
This position does require that the applicant has their own vehicle as you will be required to drive directly to sites.
Please note that this job is physically demanding and there is a requirement to work in all weather conditions, depending on the tasks required.
We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Retail Store Team MemberLindt & SprüngliOngoing professional development through the Lindt Retail Academy Awarded Best Learning & Development Program 2019 Leading Global premium chocolate manufacturer We4 minute agoShareMelbourne VIC
Team MemberAmpolHi, we’re Ampol. As one of Australia’s largest convenience retailers, we’re committed to making life easier for our customers. Whether they’re4 minute agoShareDerrimut VIC
Grocery Team MemberWoolworths SupermarketsGrocery Team Member With an eye for detail and a smile for customers, you’ll ensure the shelves are full, the displays look great and shoppers can find what they4 minute agoShareRockingham WA
Administrative / ReceptionistStawell Regional HealthReference: VG/SRH1493157 If you are an experienced reception/administration clerk who has a great rapport with people and is able to work under pressure, this is the4 minute agoShareStawell VIC
Fresh Team MemberWoolworths SupermarketsFresh Team Member From meats and cheeses to antipasto, you’ll handle some delicious products.Woolworths, a job is never just a job. It’s the start of5 minute agoShareWanneroo WA