Corporate Sustainability Officer
- Improve Council Environmental Performance
- 12 Month Position | Hybrid Working Arrangements | PT up to 35hrs per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to fill this 12 month maternity leave position for 21 hours per week (up to 35 hours by agreement) in Councils Environmental Sustainability team.
The City of Parramatta is going through unprecedented change and transformation as it becomes Sydney’s Central City. The intensity of growth and investment in City of Parramatta means that Council, their partners, and community have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shape the City’s future and ensure it is culturally, socially, environmentally, and economically sustainable.
About the role
This position is a 12 month maternity leave role for 3 days (21 hrs) per week.
It is responsible for the delivery of environmental sustainability throughout Councils operations in relation to energy, water, greenhouse gas emissions, fleet, waste and procurement. On a daily basis you will:
- by monitoring and analysing utility consumption and costs, as well as emissions and other sustainability information
- Collect data, including the review of corporate indicators and targets, and provide regular analysis and reporting
- Consult with operational staff and contractors on environmental management procedures, performance and corrective actions to improve Council’s environmental performance
- Facilitate the delivery of contracted energy and water efficiency capital works and monitor improvements through time.
The successful candidate should have previous experience with data analysis and management of databases, particularly in relation to utility data and greenhouse gas/emissions reporting.
It would be preferred but not essential for applicants to have local government experience and experience in the development of corporate environmental strategy and policy. For details on required experience, tertiary qualifications and skills, please see the accompanying Position Description.
What’s on offer
We are offering an attractive total remuneration from $86k to $95k (salary - pro rata) + superannuation.
In addition City of Parramatta also offer excellent employee benefits which include:
- A range of flexible work arrangements including Work from Home and ability to work up to 35 hours per work by agreement
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Significant leave benefits (up to 12 days flexi-time, 3 additional leave days at Christmas, 15 days sick/personal leave, 2 days health and wellbeing leave per year)
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Health and Wellbeing programs (Fitness Passport, Flu Shots, Skin Cancer Checks)
- Position to be based at Councils Rydalmere Operations Centre.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description. Alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Manager Environmental Sustainability, Anthony Collins on phone 0414 190 225.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 9pm, Sunday 9th October 2022 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
The successful candidate is required to be vaccinated (at least 2 doses of a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine) in accordance with Councils vaccination policy. Candidates may submit a medical contraindication for Councils consideration.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undergo a Criminal History Records check and a Pre-Employment Medical Check, which also includes a Drug and Alcohol test.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol-free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity, and we encourage all applicants; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, gender diverse, LGBTIQ, veterans and culturally diverse communities to join Council. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
PD Opens in new window
Administrative OfficerQueensland Corrective ServicesIn this role you will: Provide administrative functions and confidential administrative support for the centre including, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets,4 hour agoShareBrisbane QLD+2 locations
APS 4 Work Management OfficerAustralian Taxation Office$73,086 - $79,323 a yearFull-time +1Australian Business Registry Services, Workload, Insight and Reporting Traralgon Ongoing/non-ongoing, full-time/part-time, $73,086 - $79,323 + 15.4% super We are12 hour agoShareTraralgon VIC
Assistant Company SecretaryJacana Energy$103,129 - $125,376 a yearPermanent +2Integrity ∙ Innovation ∙ Diversity ∙ Employee Wellbeing ∙ Teamwork Job Description Agency Jacana Energy Work Unit Legal and Governance Job12 hour agoShareDarwin NT
Venue Attendant, Events (Casual)Adelaide Venue Management (AVM)From $32.93 an hourCasualFlexible hours +1Great working environment – exciting, dynamic, safe and supportive Flexible hours to allow for work life balance Excellent casual hourly rate The12 hour agoShareAdelaide Region SA
Sales Assistant - IndooroopillyKathmandu GroupPart-timeAbout Kathmandu Kathmandu is a leading global outdoor lifestyle brand whose journey began in Aotearoa New Zealand over thirty years ago, who is ranked No1 for Retail,14 hour agoShareBrisbane QLD