Customer Service Consultant
- Part time or Full time Opportunities - Hybrid Working
- 6 month fixed term roles to join our Adelaide team
- Adelaide Office, Waymouth Street based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
As an LPG Customer Service Consultant, you will be handling inbound calls and assisting Origin LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) cylinder customers with a variety of enquiries around their accounts. Don’t know what LPG is? No worries! We’ve got you covered with our supportive induction training and ongoing floor support as soon as you answer your first call. Our busiest time of the year is winter, which is when our customers use Origin’s LPG products and services the most. We’re going to set you up for success with a great team, and incremental training and call volumes so that you’re feeling like the expert that our customers need.
Our vision is simple: provide a seamless and extraordinary experience to ensure that we are continuously getting energy right for our LPG customers.
- Being the first point of contact for inbound calls for Residential LPG customers
- Being adept at a variety of services including but not limited to: Placing gas orders, Assisting customers with delivery information, Billing + Collections, Payments, Cross selling Origin products
- Providing outstanding customer service by building rapport and identifying our customer’s needs with effective questioning
- Identifying key opportunities to cross-sell our products to our customers and appropriately objection handle when required
- Providing our customers accurate information and advice by adhering to and achieving our regulatory compliance and quality assurance measures
- Achieving team and individual targets/KPIs
- Being accountable for communicating the desired set of behaviours and attitudes to reinforce Origin Energy's values and customer service objectives.
Our training and rostering:
- Monday to Friday rotation between 7:30am – 6:30pm
- We will work around your availability (part-time or full-time) - we only ask that you’re available for two weeks of on-site training from the 6th of February and availability on Mondays
- We love working from home too! Our team continues to work a hybrid working model, coming into the office twice per week
- Have your weekends back!
Is this you?
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Previous Customer Service or Sales experience – call centre is desirable, however not essential
- The ability to easily build rapport with others
- You care about your impact and are determined to find the right solution for your customer
- Ability to match the needs of new and existing customers to a suite of products and campaigns
- Results-focused attitude with drive to meet targets and goals
- Motivation to learn products, processes, and procedures quickly and efficiently within a call centre working space
- Thrive working within a team-orientated and fast paced environment
What's in it for you?
- You’re introduced into an organisation where the career opportunities are endless! Gain exposure with other areas of our business if you’re keen to grow with Origin
- Cultural leave - additional paid leave days for our Indigenous employees to balance and meet their cultural obligations
- Volunteer leave - paid volunteer leave, opportunities to give back through the Origin Foundation
Origin - Where good change happens
At Origin, we’re powered by people who believe in creating collective change. We’re creating more diverse and inclusive workplaces for everyone because the more perspectives we have, in a place where everyone can belong, the better we can tackle our challenges together. We are united, yet unique.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, gender equitable workforce, where all applications are evaluated on merit and potential. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people living with disabilities, culturally diverse people, any stage in life, people with intersex variations and people within LGBTQ+ communities, including trans, and gender diverse.
If you think you have transferable skills, an appetite to learn and would be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you.
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operations business plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Nina Ryu - 03 9659 8148, quote Requisition ID: 83342
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Administration AssistantVicinity CentresFull-timeW e are Vicinity Centres. You may not recognise the brand but we’re sure you’ll know some of our destinations, from the iconic Queen Victoria Building in33 minute agoShareWestern Australia+1 location
Retail Postage Sorter - Emerald Post OfficeAustralia PostPermanent +1Job no: 53964567 Brand: Australia Post Categories: Retail & Customer Service Work type: Permanent Part Time State: QLD Location: Emerald Imagine starting33 minute agoShareEmerald QLD
BaristaCompass GroupPart-timeFlexible hours +1Iconic Location – National Gallery of Victoria Great opportunity with a flexible roster Grind the best blends and work on the best machines Restaurant33 minute agoShareMelbourne VIC 3000+6 locations
Retail Postage SorterAustralia PostPart-timeJob no: 53964702 Brand: Australia Post Categories: Retail & Customer Service Work type: Fixed Term Part Time State: VIC Location: Port Melbourne About33 minute agoSharePort Melbourne VIC+13 locations
Team Members - ToowoombaOportoOporto started in 1986 with one restaurant in Bondi. Since then we have grown to over 180 restaurants across Australia and internationally. We are passionate about our1 hour agoShareKearneys Spring QLD 4350