Housekeeping Operations Manager
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location W Melbourne, 408 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Manages housekeeping functions and staff to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Areas of responsibility include Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed.
About the role:
Permanent full-time position
38 hours per week
$80,000 - $85,000 per year + superannuation
Located in Melbourne CBD
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
- Ensures compliance with all Style policies, standards and procedures.
- Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure the guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Develops goals and expectations for direct report managers.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Communicates expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired business results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
- Directs staff to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
- Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
W DOESN'T RECRUIT EMPLOYEES, WE CAST TALENT
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefines revelry for the modern jet set.
W SITS ALONGSIDE LUXURY, NOT CONFINED BY IT
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
WE’RE IN THE KNOW, SO YOU’RE IN THE KNOW
Whatever/Whenever® service caters to every need in a personalized and personable way – friendly, unscripted, real and connected. This is amplified by W Insiders: tapped-in Talent who provide guests insider access to everything locals are buzzing about. W Talent relate to guests’ edgy attitude and thrive in a setting where they can be true to themselves.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Housekeeper/ CleanerOaks HotelsCasualMonday to FridayCompany Description Minor Hotels is an international hotel owner, operator and investor, currently with a diverse portfolio of over 530 properties. Through our9 minute agoShareMackay QLD+2 locations
Administration Officer (Saibai Island)Queensland HealthTell me more... Maximise revenue and access revenue in relation to the Rural & Remote Medical Benefits Scheme. The position is also responsible for providing high9 minute agoShareTemporarily Remote in Far North Queensland QLD+8 locations
Administration AssistantVicinity CentresFull-timeW e are Vicinity Centres. You may not recognise the brand but we’re sure you’ll know some of our destinations, from the iconic Queen Victoria Building in1 hour agoShareWestern Australia+1 location
Truganina|Operations AnalystDHLContractAbout us When you work with us you'll find that we deliver results; without compromising on respect. We value each other's differences while recognising individual3 hour agoShareVictoria
Operations AssistantVirgin Active$24.55 an hourPart-timeAssist with day-to-day operations, delivering an outstanding club experience Iconic brand inspiring our Northern Beaches community to live an active life Part-time3 hour agoShareNorthern Beaches NSW+3 locations