Personal Administration Assistant
We currently have two exciting new opportunities for a Personal Administration Assistant to join our Operations department. You will provide personalised, reliable and confidential administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director Enterprise PMO and the Chief Information Officer (CIO). This is a highly visible position responsible for a wide range of complex and confidential tasks.
You will work on a one-on-one basis on a variety of administrative tasks including but not limited to diary management, coordinating meetings and travel, expense management, preparation of documents to support the senior members of the Operations Leadership team and coordinating team events.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant education in office administration with subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Proven experience providing personal administrative support and the ability to deal with information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Advanced interpersonal, written and verbal communication and relationship management skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the University.
- Comprehensive diary management skills and the ability to exercise judgment, confidentiality and maturity in coordinating the schedules of senior leaders.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to effectively deal with conflicting priorities on a daily basis under limited direction.
A full list of key responsibility and selection criteria is available within each position description.
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Onsite childcare
- Discounted gym memberships – including Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC)
- Onsite health services
- Private health insurance discounts
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
To find out more about the extensive range of benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit Careers at Swinburne.
How to apply and further information
To view the position description or to start an application please click on apply or ‘begin’ and submit a resume, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the position description.
For further information about this position, contact Hannah Nguyen (Recruitment Coordinator) via email at [email protected]
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on [email protected]
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at [email protected] For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact [email protected]
Agency enquiries will not be accepted for this position.
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation. We are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as our Charter of Cultural Diversity, [email protected] Strategic Action Plan, Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan. Equity and diversity are integral to our 2025 vision to be a world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 12 May 2021.
AccessAbility AdviserSwinburne University of TechnologyAs an AccessAbility Adviser, you will be responsible for the assessment, delivery, coordination and administration of services to students with whom the University is1 week agoShareMelbourne VIC
Lecturer, DieteticsSwinburne University of TechnologyAs a Lecturer, Dietetics you will contribute to the development and delivery of the Masters of Dietetics course and participate in the administration and ongoing1 week agoShareMelbourne VIC
Library & studentHQ AdministratorSwinburne University of TechnologyAn opportunity has arisen for a Library and studentHQ Administrator to join the Student Administration & Library Services team. This position is responsible for1 week agoShareMelbourne VIC
Expression of Interest for Australian Aboriginal & Torres Strait IslandersSwinburne University of TechnologyProfessional/operational and academic roles on offer 17% superannuation and flexible working arrangements Tailored professional development About Swinburne Swinburne is1 week agoShareMelbourne VIC
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander TraineeEdith Cowan UniversityECU has exciting opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to join ECU for a period of 12 months as a Trainee, whilst also gaining a Cert III or1 week agoShareWestern Australia