Reporting & Data Specialist
- Subject matter expert in data analysis, analytics, data science and report writing
- Support business initiatives by providing data insights
- Potts Hill location
- $110,377.06 plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and leave loading
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role you will be reporting to the Performance Insights Leader and play a role in connecting with a team of technical specialists, data & analytics specialists and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). As supportive businesses partner your role enables you to play an important part with business initiatives, strategies and risks to optimise costs and improve decision making, through accurate, timely reporting, statistics, predicative analytics and insights. As a Reporting & Data Specialist, this will be undertaken by data analysis, analytics, insights that drives business performance and regulatory compliance.
- Analyse data to uncover insights to help the business to achieve the performance KPIs goals, and to meet business and regulatory requirements
- Partner with the business and be the go-to person for data solutions, identifying opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions
- Spot opportunities and provide solutions for business growth and ways to increase customer satisfaction through improvements in use of data in business decision making
- Engage and collaborate across all internal and external stakeholders to ensure analytics and BI capability is effectively utilised and identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Facilitate information gathering, structured documentation and presentation findings to all level of management.
- Maintain high quality data/ information across business unit information systems (i.e. Maximo, FRM, Click, SAP, etc.)
- Work across our business unit and Sydney Water to provide advice, guidance and knowledge to facilitate the development and delivery of fit for purpose Information systems
demonstrated experience using data analysis, analytics and business intelligence to solve business problems in an innovative environment. We are looking for someone who shows resilience in the workplace and who can come up with creative ideas to support the business.
- Degree qualification (IT, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline) or relevant experience
- Proven experience in data discovery and insights including operationalisation in the business to create tangible outcomes and value
- Demonstrated experience managing work in times of high demand with the ability to prioritise and deliver on time
- Experience in co-ordination, liaison and effective business relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience as a Data Scientist
- Advanced level in SQL, Excel.
- Experience in SAP Business Object or similar tools
- Microsoft Power BI or similar data visualization tools
- Exposure to R, Python, or SAS will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in Maximo, SAP ERP, FRM or Click Business systems
Desirable, background in Utilities, Manufacturing, Mining, Engineering or similar heavy industries where field based workforce is involved.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact recruitment @sydneywater.com.au
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
CashierBernardi Group$55,000 - $65,000 a yearFull-timeShift workCashier Bernardi Group Location: West Wyalong, NSW Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 Full time Main duties and responsibilities Operating and balancing the cash36 minute agoShareWyalong NSW 2671
Trainee Biosecurity OfficerAustralian Department of the Environment$48,952 - $51,888 a yearApprenticeshipAPS 1 - $48,952 - $51,888 per annum plus superannuation Biosecurity Operations Division Norfolk Island We are seeking for an applicant interested in learning1 hour agoShareNorfolk Island
Airport Administration AssistantCity of Kalgoorlie-Boulder$61,723 - $65,274 a yearPermanent +1Job Number: AIR-9 Business Unit: Airport Employment Status: Permanent Full Time Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2022 KALGOORLIE-BOULDER1 hour agoShareKalgoorlie WA
Customer Support OfficerJumbo InteractivePart-timeShift workASX-300 Company Immediate Start Available Monthly Wellness Reimbursement About Us We’re a technology company that’s grown over the last 25-years1 hour agoShareBrisbane QLD
December 2022 In-Store Team Member - Ingle FarmDomino'sCustomer Service responsibilities: Meet & greet customers on the phone and in person. Dealing with customer concerns. Upselling. Processing payments: cash1 hour agoShareIngle Farm SA 5098+1 location