Team Leader Events & Experience
We’re looking for an inspiring and strategic Events people leader to coordinate the design and delivery of an exceptional blended (physical and online) campus experience for students. You will empower staff and students to build social connections and sense of belonging, in collaboration with a large number of stakeholders.
- Lead event specialists to design and execute strategic, target-driven physical and online events for and with students.
- Create popular, insta-worthy place-making activations.
- Implement an events support program to mentor clubs and societies in event planning.
- Inspire engaging digital experiences and campaign development.
- Work within the broader Team Leader group to design initiatives to enhance team performance.
- Build connections with key stakeholders across Swinburne.
- Master process adherence and risk mitigation within the events program.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Experience leading teams in design and delivery of complex strategic events (physical and online)
- Good understanding leadership and culture methodologies
- Experience navigating highly regulated environments
- Exceptional approach to stakeholder management
- Exposure to campaign and content development alongside Marketing teams is beneficial but not essential
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
How to apply
To view the position description or to start an application click on ‘apply' at the bottom of this page and submit the following:
- Resume (max 4 pages)
- Cover letter detailing the following (max 2 pages):
o your experience in coordinating strategic event design and delivery
o your experience of highly regulated environments (government, council, policy, process etc.)
o your preferred methodologies for leading and inspiring people
A full response to all Key Selection Criteria on the Position Description is not required. Please upload a duplication of your Cover Letter to the Key Selection Criteria box.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
About Swinburne Student Life
Swinburne Student Life runs services and activities to support and engage students at Swinburne during their studies. To find out more about us, check out ‘Razor the Razorback’ on Facebook or Instagram, and the Swinburne Student Life portal.
For further information about the position, please contact Ella Scorringe, Associate Director Student Experience via email [email protected]
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on [email protected]
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Charter of Cultural Diversity
- Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Action Plan
- Swinburne LGBTIQA+ Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational inclusion strategies
For further information on all our initiatives visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and Support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact Maree Norden, Diversity & Inclusion Manager at [email protected] For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at [email protected]
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Orders from Victoria’s Minister for Health require all Swinburne workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the Pandemic COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Specified Workers) 2021 Order (No. 1). All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Applications close at: 11:59 p.m., Sunday 23 January 2022
Temporary Register 2022Federal Court of AustraliaVarious levels Non-ongoing specified term, Non-ongoing specified task or Irregular/Intermittent. Various locations The Federal Court of Australia maintains a register of52 minute agoShareAustralia
Events & Experience OfficerSwinburne University of TechnologySwinburne Student Life is now offering a fantastic opportunity for a highly driven and motivated Events & Experience Officer to support the various events run by our53 minute agoShareMelbourne VIC
Anaesthetics RegistrarLatrobe Regional HospitalJob Description Location: Gippsland | Traralgon Job type: Not provided Organisation: Latrobe Regional Hospital Salary: Salary not specified Occupation:53 minute agoShareGippsland VIC
Expression of Interest for Australian Aboriginal & Torres Strait IslandersSwinburne University of TechnologyProfessional/operational and academic roles on offer 17% superannuation and flexible working arrangements Tailored professional development About Swinburne Swinburne is53 minute agoShareMelbourne VIC
Online Personal Shopper - Woolworths GreensboroughWoolworthsOnline Personal Shopper With a keen eye and steady hand, you’ll pick the freshest products for our customers who shop online. Woolworths, a job is never just a53 minute agoShareGreensborough VIC 3088