Civil Construction Traineeship - Road Marking
- Multiple Full-time 3-year Civil Construction – Road Marking Traineeship (with the ability to complete sooner)
- Gain a Nationally recognised qualification – Cert III in Civil Construction
- Work for a Government Organisation that specialises in delivering transport infrastructure solutions throughout Queensland
- Townsville based traineeship with night and day shifts working remotely – cash in on the shift penalties!
- Competitive traineeship hourly rate
- February Start!
Who We Are?
TORGAS is a non-for-profit organisation operating as a commercial business, providing apprentices and trainees to businesses throughout Queensland. We provide apprentices and trainees important career guidance and the opportunity to earn while they learn. Under TORGAS, apprentices and trainees are placed with host businesses for an agreed period where they gain valuable practical on-the-job and technical off-the-job training. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, TORGAS is one of the largest industry-backed employers within a diverse range of industries, guiding apprentices and trainees towards successful careers.
We are seeking mature and junior age candidates that are committed in completing a Skilled Construction Worker – Road Marking Traineeship
- Construction White Card (or willing to obtain)
- Manual driver’s license (or must be committed to obtain with 6 months)
- CPR desirable
- Demonstrate an understanding of Civil Construction
- Labour experience
- Able to work shift work and travel West in a 10/4 roster
- Provide two work or school related references
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical with drug and alcohol testing.
- Work safely and follow WH&S policies and procedures
- Plan & organise work
- Read & Interpret plans and job specifications
- Operate small plant and equipment
- Use hand and power tools
- Carry out measurements and calculations
What can we offer you?
- A weekly wage paid to you directly by TORGAS
- Leave entitlements inc. Annual Leave and Personal Leave
- Mentoring, ongoing support and regular visits from your committed Field Officer
- Ability to obtain a certification and vast range of industry skills and experience
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available
So, what's next...
If this is the opportunity for you, the click ‘Apply Now’ below. Please note, if you have recently completed a Cert III in Civil Construction or higher, you may not qualify for this traineeship. You must also be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
We can't wait to hear from you, recent school leavers are encouraged to apply!
"We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer, and we commit to respond to every applicant"
Vehicle Telematics Systems OfficerNSW Government -Safety Environment & RegulationUse your web-based program and analytical skills Permanent Fulltime Opportunity Location-Parramatta This role may transition to the NHVR in about mid 2022 About5 hour agoShareSydney NSW
Technical AssistantSwinburne University of TechnologyWe are looking for our new Technical Assistant to join us and provide support to the Smart Structures Laboratory (SSL). Under the general direction of the SSL Laboratory5 hour agoShareMelbourne VIC
Technical AssistantSwinburne University of TechnologyWe are looking for our new Technical Assistant to join us and provide support to the Smart Structures Laboratory (SSL). Under the general direction of the SSL Laboratory15 hour agoShareMelbourne VIC
2022 - Delivery Expert - DevonportDomino'sIf you have a passion for pizza, and the ability to be quick on your feet, while staying safe on the street – why not become a key member of Domino’s23 hour agoShareDevonport TAS 7310
Technical AssistantSwinburne University of TechnologyWe are looking for our new Technical Assistant to join us and provide support to the Smart Structures Laboratory (SSL). Under the general direction of the SSL Laboratory23 hour agoShareMelbourne VIC