The purpose of the Claims Advisor is to provide a superior level of customer service whilst maintaining a Commercial focus on achieving business outcomes. This role is responsible for the proactive management of a portfolio of Complex Personal Injury Claims in accordance with legislative, regulatory & procedural guidelines, in order to achieve cost effective and timely claim outcomes.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of claims in accordance with legislative, regulatory and procedural guidelines to achieve cost effective and timely claim resolutions
- Proactively work to resolve claims within the earliest possible timeframes by engaging with stakeholders and actioning activities and incoming correspondence in a timely fashion, across a portfolio of claims to achieve optimal outcomes
- Ensure legislative compliance timeframes are met in conjunction with ongoing review of medical, financial, investigative and rehabilitation reports
- Management and negotiation of pre-proceedings and litigated claims, including communication with claimants and solicitors, by phone, correspondence and/or attending settlement conferences and/or hearings.
- Overall management of individual claims to ensure appropriate strategies are followed in order to reduce the average duration and cost of claims
Skills & Experience
- HSC or equivalent Desirable
- Relevant formal qualifications (examples include Business Studies, Insurance, Occupational health and Safety) Desirable
- Minimum two (2) years Insurance experience – Desired
- Analytical skills – ability to develop solutions and courses of action by using an information base to identify key issues, compare with other data and determine cause-effect relationships
- Attention to detail – accurately checking and processing tasks and showing concern for all aspects of the role
- Coaching & Development – ability to identify developmental/training needs of a colleague and to provide practical on the job support on an as needs basis
- Decision Making – ability to make commercial decisions in line with delegated authority
- Discounted home Loan and Personal Loan rates.
- Up to 25% off insurance, Banking, superannuation products.
About the Company
Our Marketplace of products, services and experiences is designed to make it easier for our customers to meet their financial needs. It brings together our strong portfolio of banking & wealth and insurance solutions from across our many brands including Suncorp, AAMI, GIO, Apia and Shannons, as well as those from our partners.
Working as part of the Suncorp Group you will have access to an unparalleled range of job opportunities across insurance, banking, wealth management and corporate services. We promote a high performance culture where people are rewarded for effort and dedication. We recognise and value commitment and encourage our people to maintain a healthy balance between their career and personal time.
For additional information about the company and careers click on link below. http://www.suncorpgroupcareers.com.au/
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that matches your experience, please apply online.
For more information please contact our Resourcing Partners on 02 8226 9***
Casual Sales AssistantDecathlonFull-time +1Weekend availability +1Are you passionate about sports? You love customer service? Ongoing training, development and support! RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT : BOX HILL - CYCLING DEPARTMENT4 hour agoShareBox Hill South VIC
Casual Customer AdvisorNAB - National Australia BankCasualShift workWork type: Casual Location: QLD- Central inland region Recognised as a top #3 employer on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Companies list to grow your career Exciting5 hour agoShareHybrid remote in Queensland+1 location
Executive AssistantHatchFull-timeRequisition ID: 86041 Job Category: Administration/Support Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit20 hour agoShareBrisbane QLD
Client AdvisorAmplifon GroupFull-timeWe are a global leader in the hearing care retail market, empowering people to rediscover all the emotions of sound. With more than 17,500 people worldwide, we operate22 hour agoShareBairnsdale VIC+90 locations
Representative Customer CareDKSHPermanent +1Location: St Leonards, AU We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Customer Service professional, to1 day agoShareSt Leonards NSW