Venue Attendant, Events (Casual)
- Great working environment – exciting, dynamic, safe and supportive
- Flexible hours to allow for work life balance
- Excellent casual hourly rate
The Adelaide Convention Centre, part of Adelaide Venue Management (AVM), is the centre of corporate events within South Australia, providing multiple venues of varying size with cutting edge event technologies. We are looking for passionate and motivated Venue Attendants to join our Technology Services team to undertake venue setup and configuration activities.
The Centre provides staff with abundant resources to ensure the client experiences a world leading product. If working in entertainment, tourism or a labour based industry interests you, this presents as an excellent opportunity.
You will be responsible for set up, monitoring and pack down of non-technical event related elements such as:
- Operable wall systems
- Operable seating systems
- Stages, dance floors, tables, chairs and general elements associated with the events industry
- Working front line with venue hirer’s to assist in producing their events, conferences, exhibitions, concerts and all manner of public or private events
- Maintaining equipment, stores and venue presentation
- Use of equipment such as elevated work platforms, forklifts, pallet jacks
What you will bring
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Positive, proactive team minded individual
- The work is physical requiring a suitable level of mobility and strength
- Must have excellent grooming and presentation for a corporate environment
- Available to work a 24/7 roster
- Work in an iconic CBD location close to public transport options
- Competitive hourly rates starting at $32.93 per hour, progressing to $34.36 after 50 hours
- Rosters produced up to 3 weeks in advance
- Growth industry with scope for long term casual employment with skills development
- Opportunity to progress through the Technology Services Department and into an Audio Visual based role, working with the advanced systems and equipment
- Uniforms, change rooms and discounted CBD parking at the Adelaide Convention Centre
We look forward to hearing from you. Don’t let age, education or experience be a barrier to you!
Applications, including a brief cover letter and up to date resume, may only be submitted via the APPLY button below, addressed to Miss Michelle Wiley, Senior Recruitment & Development Coordinator. Applications will close at 11.30pm (Adelaide time) on Sunday 23 October 2022, or earlier should a suitable right-fit candidate be identified - so please don't delay if interested.
Adelaide Venue Management requires its employees to at least 2 or more vaccinations against COVID-19 at all times.
3 hour agoShareBrisbane QLD
Vintage Assistant WinemakerAccolade WinesCasualDate: 08-Dec-2022 Location: McLaren Vale, SA, Australia Company: Accolade Wines Enrich Your Everyday At Accolade Wines, our4 hour agoShareMcLaren Vale SA+1 location
Casual Retail Sales AssistantSpendless ShoesCasualLove Shoes, Love Fashion, Love People Join Australia's most successful footwear retailer Fun, fast paced and diverse role 30% off staff discount Vibrant5 hour agoShareMiranda NSW 2228+33 locations
Scholarly Services LibrarianDeakin University$94,173 - $103,694 a yearPart-timeWeekend availabilityJob no: 532619 Work type: Part-time Location: Flexible Categories: Library Services Flexible location Part Time (0.5 FTE) and continuing HEW 7 $94,173 -5 hour agoShareAustralia
Library Assistant (casual) (V22/5791)Blue Mountains City CouncilCasualAssist in the provision of a courteous, efficient and effective library service in a branch library. RELATIONSHIPS Reports to: Position Title Lower /6 hour agoShareNew South Wales