Centre Administration Officer, Clerk Grade 3/4, Wellington Correctional Centre
Division: Corrective Services NSW
Wellington, NSW, AU, 2820
Req ID: 15539
- Great Team Environment
- Clerk Grade 3/4, Salary ($72,635 – $79,535), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
About the Company
The Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) was formed in 2019 with the merger of two former departments Family and Community Services (FACS) and Justice.
By combining FACS and Justice, the two former agencies are now able to work together as DCJ to support everyone’s right to access justice, to help families, and to promote early intervention and inclusion, in order to provide benefits for the whole community.
Corrective Services NSW (CSNSW) delivers professional correctional services and programs to reduce the risk of re-offending and enhance public safety. It serves a key function of the NSW Communities and Justice Sector by providing effective, safe and humane management of offenders both in custody and in the community CSNSW also works in partnership with other government and community agencies to ensure that offenders and their families are supported.
In this role
You will be responsible for providing and Administrative support to a Correctional Centre and your duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Undertake, with minimal supervision, individually or as part of a work team, correctional centre finance and administrative duties such as: trust fund processing, purchasing, records management, stores and asset management.
- Act as a point of contact in relation to the inmate account matters, to ensure enquires are addressed promptly, resolved and/ or redirected for resolution.
- Follow administrative systems and processes to ensure that all information is accurate, stored correctly and accessible as required.
- Complete records management functions including electronic archiving and accountable record keeping, complying with administrative systems and processes
- Liaise with CSNSW Accounts Payable for prompt payment of Invoices and outstanding accounts reconciliation in accordance with Departmental policies and procedures
- Provide prompt and high-level customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- Performing to a high standard in a busy and complex work environment in meeting conflicting and ongoing deadlines
As a highly motivated and results driven Centre Administrative Officer, you will maintain confidentiality at all times, utilise your proven experience and knowledge to meet the demands of this role effectively. Resilience, high attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work under pressure are the key attributes to succeed in this fast paced role. You will be a true team player, customer centric and will keep the team well informed of your progress and key learning’s.
Click here to review Role Description
Applying for the role
To apply for this role you need to submit an application online
When applying you will need to:
1. Answer the two pre-screening questions below – we are looking for you to demonstrate your competency in this focus capability.
Target Question 1.
Give an example of where you have had to involve & work with employees from another division in order to improve a customer service process. Please describe what happened and the result.
Target Question 2.
Can you give examples of software applications you are using in your current role to make effective use of records, information and systems?
2. Attach a resume (maximum 3 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining how you meet the requirements and capabilities of this role as specified in the role description.
Job Notes: Part of the assessment process includes additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
For more specific information about the role please contact: Kathy Webb [email protected] or phone 02 68402803
For application enquiries or technical issues, please contact the Talent Acquisition team via 8688 2811.
Closing date: 11.59pm – Sunday 14 March 2021
To ensure recruitment at the Department of Communities and Justice continues without interruption during the COVID-19 pandemic, some interviews and assessments may be performed using alternative methods. This may include video interviewing, telephone interviewing and online assessments. If you are successful following review of your application, you may need to perform assessments and /or interviews via online platforms using a PC, Laptop, or smart phone. By doing so, we will be adhering to the strict social distancing advice currently in place.
A talent pool may be created for future ongoing and temporary roles and is valid for a period of up to 18 months. If a vacancy arises in your preferred location during this time, you may be contacted and asked to attend the location to meet the manager. From there a final decision will be made regarding whether to activate the talent pool. Offers are based on location preference, capabilities, knowledge and experience.
Inclusion and Diversity lies at the heart of how we recruit
We continue to hire great people with a wide variety of skills, experience and backgrounds. This includes people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people identifying as LGBTIQ+ and other diversity groups.
If you require an adjustment within the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] and advise us of your preferred method of communication.
If you are looking for more information about workplace adjustments at DCJ, please visit our Careers site.
Expression of Interest for Australian Aboriginal & Torres Strait IslandersSwinburne University of TechnologyProfessional/operational and academic roles on offer 17% superannuation and flexible working arrangements Tailored professional development About Swinburne Swinburne is2 hour agoShareMelbourne VIC
APS 4 - Client Service OfficerFederal Court of Australia$65,395 - $71,003 a year$65,395 - $71,003 per annum, plus superannuation Ongoing and non-ongoing (for a period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension). Full time Melbourne, VIC The3 hour agoShareMelbourne VIC
APS3 - Various PositionsNational Library of AustraliaOpportunity to work at one of Australia's leading cultural institutions Be a part of the Library's exciting new future APS3 - $59,762 - $64,550 OUR OPPORTUNITIES The3 hour agoShareCanberra ACT
Team Leader- Finance & Office AdministrationSwinburne University of TechnologyAs our new Team Leader, you will lead your team in the administrative, strategic and operational aspects of the Finance & Office Administration service for Swinburne4 hour agoShareMelbourne VIC
Clubs & Sport OfficerSwinburne University of TechnologyAre you organised, driven and passionate about building the capacity of our students to get the most out of their university experience? Are you excited to design and4 hour agoShareMelbourne VIC