GAZ - ACT - APS6 - Information Supervisor
Requisition Number: 79166 Position Number: 60088829 Classification: APS Level 6 Location: ACT Division: Emergency Management Australia Branch: Crisis and Security Branch Section: CCC Operations Security Classification: Negative Vetting Level 1 Salary: $78,700.00 to $93,112.00 Contact Officer: Amy Gruber, 02 5127 7*** Period of Vacancy: Ongoing Number of Vacancies: 1.00
Applications close: Wednesday 27 May 2020 at 11:59PM - AEST. Late applications will not be accepted.
Who can apply: Please note this opportunity is available to current Australian Public Service employees and all eligible members of the community.
About the Department of Home Affairs: Be part of something bigger: contribute to building a secure Australia that is prosperous, open and united. Join a connected team of professionals, where you can be your authentic self; grow your career while making time for all parts of your life.
The Department of Home Affairs is a central policy agency, providing coordinated strategy and policy leadership for Australia's national and transport security, federal law enforcement, criminal justice, cyber security, border, immigration, multicultural affairs, emergency management and trade related functions.
The Department of Home Affairs includes the entirety of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. It also includes national security, emergency management and criminal justice functions from the Attorney-General's Department; the Office of Transport Security from the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development; multicultural affairs from the Department of Social Services; and the counter-terrorism coordination and cyber security policy functions from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
Overview of Section:
The Australian Government Crisis Coordination Centre (CCC) is the Australian Government’s 24/7 crisis management information and whole-of-government coordination facility. The CCC Operations Section provides whole-of-government all-hazards monitoring and situational awareness for domestic and international events affecting Australia or Australian interests. Information products produced and coordinated are then distributed throughout the Australian Government, State and Territory agencies, and key industry partners. The CCC also manages the National Security Hotline, a national service that delivers information reports to Australia’s security and law enforcement agencies based on information received from the public. CCC Operations thereby provides the single source of knowledge for the Home Affairs portfolio, and the Australian Government, on unfolding natural disasters and security, terrorism, border, and high profile Australian law enforcement issues. We also have a key role in supporting the Australian Government Crisis Committee and the National Crisis Committee.
About the role:
Working as the Second in charge, the Information Supervisor position assists the Shift Manager in managing the team on the CCC Watch Floor, develops complex products while undertaking product quality assurance, and is responsible for the on-shift training and upskilling of the team. The Information Supervisor will also contribute to the effective functioning of the National Security Hotline (NSH) and undertake project work under the direction of the Shift Manager. The position is a designated full time shift work role and the occupant is required to perform duties on a 24/7 rotational roster, including days, nights, weekends and public holidays. Attractive shift work penalties apply.
Our ideal candidate:
Do you have an eye for detail, excellent communication skills, a history of achieving results and demonstrated experience in leading a team in a high pressure environment? The CCC is looking for a self-driven leader with broad staff management experience who enjoys working in an evolving environment. Ideally you will have sound knowledge of Australia’s crisis management arrangements or the ability to quickly acquire such knowledge, and will be proficient with IT use. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as is a positive attitude and the ability to lead and motivate the team.
- Support the Shift Manager to lead the Watch Floor to monitor and review information sources, coordination processes, and communication channels for Australian Government, State and Territory Government and non-government organisation stakeholders
- Identify, coordinate and deliver on shift training and upskilling of the team, in collaboration with the CCC Training and Development Manager
- Oversee NSH operators, provide guidance and advice, and ensure calls are being classified correctly and actioned in a timely manner
- Escalate time critical Information Reports to law enforcement agencies/relevant stakeholders in consultation with Shift Managers
- Produce complex/urgent event creation and notifications
- Participate in Crisis Coordination Teams and internal briefings during an incident
- Undertake project work as directed.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australia’s crisis management and national security arrangements, or the capability to quickly acquire it
- Demonstrated ability to use Information Technology including relevant professional experience, knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver outcomes under pressure
- Broad staff management experience.
How to apply: Please ensure you read the instructions carefully, noting failure to address identified requirements may lead to your application being deemed ineligible.
You are required to submit your application in Home Affairs’ online recruitment system (ourPeople). Prior to preparing your response it is recommended you review the Work Level Standards relevant to the classification you are applying to. It may also be useful to refer to the Integrated Leadership System information relevant to the classification.
As part of your application you will need to provide:
- your CV
- details of two referees
- your Applicant Response document that details how your skills, knowledge and qualifications make you the best person for the role.
As part of your application, you will be required to prepare an Applicant Pitch (one page maximum, minimum 11pt font in MSWord or PDF format), which you will upload in the next section. Please prepare your Pitch in relation to the advertised role, outlining:
- how your skills, knowledge and experience will be relevant to this role
- why you are interested in the role and what you can bring to the position, and
- any specific examples or achievements that demonstrate your ability to perform the role.
Eligibility: To be eligible to work with the Department of Home Affairs you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Fulfil the Department’s minimum requirements by satisfactorily answering all screening questions during the application process
- Obtain and maintain the required AGSVA clearance
- Obtain and maintain a current Employment Suitability Clearance
- Undergo a health assessment (where applicable).
Mandatory (and where applicable, role specific) screening questions are used within the application to ensure all successful applicants meet these minimum requirements of the Department.
Notes: Remuneration: The Department offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position.
If you are experiencing problems submitting your application online, please email the nature of the issues you are experiencing to recruitment at ***********@homeaffairs.gov.au. A response will be sent during business hours.
If you have identified as having a disability, please indicate whether you require any support throughout the selection process. For further information please contact Recruitment: ***********@homeaffairs.gov.au
CleanerBoeing RIV SiteThe Opportunity We are seeking experienced Cleaner to join our Facilities Maintenance team at the Shoal Bay Receiving Station in Darwin. Boeing Defence Australia46 minute agoShareGeraldton WA
Data EntryDixon Appointments$29 an hourFull-time +16 days - full time hours Immediate commencement close to public transport, St Kilda Rd 6 day assignment training provided Hours 9-5 Tasks Data entry47 minute agoShareMelbourne VIC
TraineeCentral Coast Local Health District$104,080 - $133,834 a yearFull-time +2Employment Type: Temporary VariousRemuneration: $104,080 to $133,834Hours Per Week: 38Requisition ID: CAM16977 - Anaesthetics Trainee (Independent) This position is1 hour agoShareGosford NSW
English TeacherSchoolHouseContract +1SchoolHouse is working in partnership with a Prep-Year 12 Christian school in Brisbane. The school focuses on providing a high-quality education and academic rigour in a2 hour agoShareBrisbane QLD 4000+4 locations
Supporter Experience Consultant - Part timeWorld Vision AustraliaPart-timeMonday to FridayWe are currently seeking a Contact Centre Consultant to join our amazing onsite team. We are seeking someone who thrives on creating positive and rewarding relations3 hour agoShareRemote in Victoria