Senior Hair Stylist
Full time (38 hour week)
Late night Wed, closed Sunday & Monday
9.5% Superannuation/Bonus Opportunities
Carinya House of Hair & Beauty is a stunning, French Provincial inspired salon. We are located on the NSW Central Coast, in Toukley and are now looking for a confident, passionate Senior Stylist to join our happy team.
It would be very easy to send you to our Facebook profile to showcase the quality of our work and our stunning salon. However, we believe the most valuable asset we have to offer you, is working alongside our kind, caring and extremely professional team.
So, here’s what’s on offer:
- Firstly, we are an equal opportunity salon and employer. Both employees, visitors and salon guests are genuinely respected at all times.
- We always pay the award wage, including always paying for overtime. Carinya also have various other employee incentives in place (including cash bonus opportunities, luxury resort travel incentives, free and discounted products, free hair services etc).
- Did I already mention respect! Yep, I have already, but that’s because it’s so important to us! Throughout your career, we will welcome you with open arms, respect you and build you up. We want our salon guests to know that you are absolutely fabulous and therefore we will always show them how important you are to our team.
- Our staff have rostered lunch breaks and paid breaks either side.
- We will ensure that you have the opportunity to further your training. For the right person, there are also cross-training opportunities in beauty. This is an opportunity, if you are interested, not a necessity.
- We offer a stunning salon to work in, a large staff area and there is even a gazebo in the garden, perfect for soaking-up the sun on a nice day. We are also located right on the water, so you can take a stroll along the jetty during lunch and take-in the stunning views across Budgewoi Lake. We also provide individual (padlocked) lockers to ensure your personal items are kept safe and secure.
- Carinya are experts when it comes to colour work and we do a lot of colour correction for that reason. We provide all hairdressing services and also have a beauty room and a tanning room. Therefore we offer a variety of beauty services and retail the most amazing skincare range.
- We were the first salon on the Central Coast to join Sustainable Salons and we are very passionate about this program.
- We give back to the community often and we have also supported the the Australian Cancer Research Foundation (ACRF) for many years. More recently, we started a monthly pledge to support the Love Your Sister charity. Both of these organisations continue to receive automatic monthly donations and we also do fundraising days for them as well.
- We have fun and we believe in balance, so there will be busy times, where it’s all hands on deck. Then there will be quieter times in between, where you will have time to enjoy a laugh with the team. We have an amazing culture, where everyone gets along beautifully and we aim to keep it that way.
- There is not one person in our team that is more important than the next. If you want to be valued, Carinya is the salon for you!
What's important to us:
- A minimum of 4 years experience as a Senior Stylist.
- Communication is very important to us, so you must be well spoken and be confident communicating verbally and in writing.
- A passion for hair and a genuine desire to be the best that you can, is a must.
- A love of delivering the very best of customer service to your clients. If you don’t love spoiling your clients, Carinya is not the place for you.
- Confidence in all aspects of colouring and cutting. Perming and Hair Extensions would be an advantage.
- 100% commitment to ensuring that you are always presented beautifully. We are a stylish salon and you will be provided with a bleach-proof uniform, which ensures that all of our team look professional at all times. It also means that you can spend your money on clothes that you love, rather than wasting money replacing work clothes constantly. We are very fussy about the presentation of our team and therefore personal pride is a very important personality trait that we will be looking for.
- We don’t micromanage our team, so we require someone that is self motivated and can direct their own day, in addition to being happy to help others when required.
- Excellent time management skills is a must.
- Computer skills are an advantage. Until very recently, we used Shortcuts, but have now moved to Simple Salon.
- To perform all hairdressing duties
- To ensure that you work in a tidy manner and assist in maintaining the cleanliness of our salon (even before COVID-19, we were very strict with our hygiene routine, now its even more extensive).
- To assist salon guests to understand the products that we retail and what would best suit their requirements.
- To provide an exceptional customer service experience for our salon guests.
- To be enthusiastic about learning new skills and to be able to take onboard suggestions for improvement. We have a reputation for outstanding work and it’s only because we don’t let ego get in the way of delivering the very best service.
We are looking for someone that pays attention to detail, so please read the following carefully:
All applications are to come via e-mail to **********@carinyahairbeauty.com.authose with a CV, providing an outline of their skills and experience. Those that apply with a CV, will receive first reply.
Please do not call the salon or walk-in, as the manager’s will be too busy with clients to give you the time that your application deserves. We will contact all suitable applicants promptly.
*Please Note: To ensure total confidentiality, before calling, we will e-mail to check a when would be a suitable time for you. That will provide you the opportunity to take the call in a comfortable, relaxed environment. So, please keep an eye out for the e-mail confirmation and check your junk mail box. We are happy to conduct these initial phone call after hours if required.
Whilst we are ready for you to start immediately, we totally respect that you may still be working and be required to provide notice. We will not overlook you if this is the case.
Please include answers to the following questions in your e-mail or if applying via this job post, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have the right to work in Australia and if so, are you able to provide proof of such.
- Are you confident recommending products to clients?
Human Centred DesignerQBEPermanent +1Primary Details Time Type: Full time Worker Type: Employee Human Centred Designer Location: Sydney, NSW Type: Permanent, full time position2 hour agoShareRemote in Sydney NSW
APS4/5 Facilities Officer (BCG/PFU)AIHW Australian Institute of Health & Welfare$72,379 - $86,430 a yearPart-time +1Position: Facilities Officer/Senior Facilities Officer Classification: APS Level 4 | APS Level 5 Location: Canberra ACT Job Reference:6 hour agoShareRemote in Canberra ACT
Primary TeacherSchoolHouseContract +1Primary Teacher | Western Sydney SchoolHouse is working in partnership with a K-12 Private School based in the Western Suburbs of Sydney. The school is part of a12 hour agoShareSydney NSW 2000+4 locations
Analyst or Graduate Analyst - Equity and AlternativesChallengerPermanent +2C hallenger Limited is an ASX-listed investment management firm managing $99 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2022) . Life with us is fast moving and always15 hour agoShareSydney Central Business District NSW
OCS Project OfficerCSIRO$89,000 - $105,000 a yearPart-time +1Acknowledgement of Country CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We18 hour agoShareSydney NSW